It was a crazy draft. Players flew all over the board, and teams dug deep for gems. I got a few picks right, missed a few by a little, and was way off on others.
I didn't dust off Kiper, Mayock, and the rest this year, like I did last year, but I doubt anyone could have predicted this wild ride.
REMEMBER - I do not predict the inevitable trades in my mocks.
1. Detroit Lions - MATTHEW STAFFORD, QB, GEORGIA = Though I'd rather seen Detroit trade down, or get Curry/ Smith/ Monroe, I knew they would buckle under media pressure. The team needs good press desperately, and you know the draft pundits would railroad them for passing on a QB (the medias lovechild). Stafford has good tools and a chippy attitude with leadership skills. I'm not in love with him, and think there are better QB's that will last pretty deep into the draft, but Detroit will hope Stafford isn't a stronger armed version of Joey Harrington or Andre Ware.
MY PICK : STAFFORD
2. Saint Louis Rams - JASON SMITH, OL, BAYLOR = After the Rams send a thank you note to Detroit, they snag Smith. Smith has the athleticism to play Guard, but will be put into LT on a young and promising OL.
MY PICK : JASON SMITH
3. Kansas City : TYSON JACKSON, DE, LSU = Cannot hate this pick. Defense wins you more games than offense, and the Chiefs have been trying to build a good defense for years. Jackson should bookend fellow LSU alumni Dorsey.
MY PICK : EUGENE MONROE, OT, VIRGINIA
4. Seattle Seahawks - AARON CURRY, OLB, WAKE FOREST = Seattle has a few holes to fill. The OL needs help, but they may not want to use this pick on Oher/ Smith. The Hawks need to replace the departed Julian Peterson, and Curry fits their scheme perfectly. Jim Mora Jr. is a defensive guy, so this seems almost a no brainer pick. Still, they could tab Oher here too.
MY PICK : CURRY
5. Cleveland Browns - Traded to the New York Jets.: MARK SANCHEZ, QB, USC : Mangina might now get tabbed Mangini by me. Knowing his former employers, he took advantage of them. He saves the Browns a boatload of cash, gets two defensive starters, and a QB who is probably better than Quinn. Sanchez? I smell bust, but hope I'm wrong.
MY PICK : MICHAEL CRABTREE, WR, TEXAS TECH
6. Cincinnati Bengals - ANDRE SMITH, OT, ALABAMA = I am unsure of this move. Regardless of Smith's supposed issues with weight and personality, Monroe is easily the better player. Especially in pass blocking. Having a statue for a quarterback, and one trying to recover from injury (again), it is a wiser move to get the guy better equipped to protect him. Smith has trouble versus speed rushers, where Monroe doesn't. Still, they got a good player.
MY PICK : MICHAEL OHER, OT, MISSISSIPPI
7. Oakland Raiders - DARRIUS HEYWARD - BEY, MARYLAND = This is my favorite slot in the draft, because of the legendary Al Davis. Al could go A.Smith here, a wise move, but we know Al loves speed. He needs to get Russell a weapon, and the fastest guy in the draft looks tempting. Maclin is another option, and is more polished. I guess it comes down to whether Al wants Cliff Branch or Tim Brown. Branch was great, and Heyward - Bey fits the scheme. He will let Russell showcase his cannon. Also, he isn't the diva Crabtree is. I'm sure that rubbed Al the wrong way.
MY PICK : HEYWARD - BEY.
8.Jacksonville Jaguars - EUGENE MONROE, OT, VIRGINIA = The Jags must have been popping champagne bottles after seeing Monroe drop here. This kid is special, and he possesses quick feet that you cannot teach. A steal.
MY PICK : ANDRE SMITH, OT, ALABAMA
9. Green Bay Packers - B.J. RAJI, NT, BOSTON COLLEGE = Raji is the guy, I think, who they have targeted for weeks. The Pack is going to a 3-4, and they need a NT to make it happen. Raji is a big kid who loves taking on multiple blockers.
MY PICK : RAJI
10. San Francisco : MICHAEL CRABTREE, WR, TEXAS TECH = You know the Niners jaws hit the floor when Crabtree dropped in their laps. He is already their best wide receiver, and he hasn't even put on his cleats.
MY PICK : MARK SANCHEZ, QB, USC
11. Buffalo Bills - AARON MAYBIN, OLB, PENN ST. = All I can say here is that the Bills picked on potential. Maybin is extremely raw, and is basically a pass rusher right now. He has a lot of work to do, and Buffalo better hope he does it. A real gamble, as far as ready to go players, because the Bills need help now.
MY PICK :BRIAN ORAKPO, DE, TEXAS
12. Denver Broncos - KNOWSHON MORENO, RB, GEORGIA = Cannot be mad here, because Denver did not have a guy who could carry the ball twenty times a game. Moreno is a guy who can.
MY PICK : MALCOLM JENKINS, CB, OHIO ST.
13. Washington Redskins - BRIAN ORAKPO, DE, TEXAS = Sometimes it is better to be lucky than good. In spite of the incompetent Vinny Cerrato, the Skins lucked out and wisely grabbed Orakpo. He should have fun lining up next to Haynesworth, and open things up for Andre Carter.
MY PICK : REY MAUALUGA, LB, USC
14. New Orleans - MALCOLM JENKINS, CB, OHIO ST. = No brainer pick here. Jenkins fills a huge need, no matter if they line him up at FS or CB.
MY PICK : CHRIS WELLS, RB, OHIO STATE
15. Houston Texans - BRIAN CUSHING, OLB, USC = You could say the Texans played it safe by picking in an area of need, but I call it a gamble. Cushing is very injury prone, and a liability on pass defense. He works hard, so time will tell if he improves there. He better, because the Texans play the Colts twice a year.
MY PICK : JEREMY MACLIN, WR, MISSOURI
16. San Diego Chargers - LARRY ENGLISH, OLB, NORTHERN ILLINOIS = Some may say the Bolts reached here, but it is hard to question AJ Smith's , their GM, track record. English is obviously going to give Merriweather a bookend as pass rushing OLB's.
MY PICK : TYSON JACKSON, DE, LSU
17. New York Jets - Traded to Tampa Bay = JOSH FREEMAN, QB, KANSAS STATE = Freeman is huge, has a big arm, and ran a pro style offense in college. His new coach used to be his old coach. Though I REALLY like Josh Johnson, the Bucs love this kids upside. Got the pick right here, just not the team
MY PICK : JOSH FREEMAN
18. Denver Broncos - ROBERT AYERS, DE, TENNESSEE = Denver wasn't scared away from Ayers "one year wonder" tag. He has good tools, and fits will start on that defense day one.
MY PICK : EVANDER HOOD, DT, MISSOURI
19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Traded to Philadelphia = JERRY MACLIN, WR, MISSOURI = This, to me, was a great pick. No RB, an area Philly desperately needs help at, is worth this pick. Maclin is a much better receiver, and return man, than Jackson. We all saw what that kid accomplished last year. Donovan must be drooling at the possibilities, and this move might make them a front runner. He is going to get a lot of R.O.Y. votes after this season.
MY PICK : EVERETTE BROWN, OLB, FLORIDA STATE
20. Detroit Lions - BRANDON PETTIGREW, TE, OKLAHOMA STATE = It seems the Lions haven't had a really good TE since Charlie Sanders retired decades ago. Pettigrew is a good blocker who will help the run game, and he will give new QB Stafford another guy to toss the ball to after they both develop in time. Pettigrew could be a reach here, because he is so raw, but he has the ability to be special.
MY PICK : PETTIGREW
21. Philadelphia Eagles - Traded to Cleveland : ALEX MACK, C, CAL = OK, I had the Browns grabbing Mack at 36. After the trades, they got him now. He should put Fraley on the bench, and improve a OL that was horrible last season.
MY PICK : KNOWSHON MORENO, RB, GEORGIA
22. Minnesota Vikings - PERCY HARVIN, WR, FLORIDA = IF this kid stays healthy, and decides to stay out of trouble for once, he could give the Vikings that added piece that finally gets them into a Super Bowl. Nice gamble, and he has a good shot of being the R.O.Y. this year.
MY PICK : BRIAN CUSHING, OLB, USC
23. New England Patriots - Traded to Baltimore = MICHAEL OHER, OT, MISSISSIPPI = Ozzie Newsome shows us, yet again, why he one of the best in the league. Oher dropped here, so he pounced on him. Oher is a huge man, and he will bookend Gaither to give the Ravens one of the biggest Tackle duos in the league.
MY PICK : CLAY MATTHEWS III, OLB, USC
24. Atlanta Falcons - PERIA JERRY, DT, OLD MISS = Jerry fills a huge need for Atlanta. He is very strong and athletic, but the questions on his health has had him drop this far.
MY PICK : JERRY
25. Miami Dolphins - VONTAE DAVIS, CB, ILLINOIS = I thought they could go CB here, and they got one of the best. Davis needs work in a few areas, but he instantly upgrades their secondary.
MY PICK : AARON MAYBIN, OLB, PENN ST.
26. Baltimore Ravens - Traded to Green Bay = CLAY MATTHEWS III = A great pick. The kid has the DNA, and is able to play DE or OLB. He will get eased into an already good defense, and help on special teams. Ted Thompson strikes again!
MY PICK : KENNY BRITT, WR, RUTGERS
27. Indianapolis Colts - DONALD BROWN, RB, CONNECTICUT = Addai has been having durability issues the last few years, and Rhodes is almost done. Brown upgrades this unit, and gives Manning another weapon to use. Hard to ever question Bill Polian, but Ziggy Hood would have filled a huge need.
MY PICK : PERCY HARVIN, WR, FLORIDA
28. Buffalo Bills - ERIC WOOD, C, LOUISVILLE = Rumors were that Pittsburgh was going to grab wood, so the Bills decided to grab him now. Wood is not a great athlete, but he is a mauler. He will help.
MY PICK : EBEN BRITTON, OT, ARIZONA
29. New York Giants - HAKEEM NICKS, WR, NORTH CAROLINA = I know some G-Men fans wanted the local Britt, but Nicks is a guy they will love. Though he is not a burner, he has great hands, can block, and the knack for the big play. He starts day one.
MY PICK : JAMES LAURINAITIS, MLB, OHIO ST.
30. Tennessee Titans - KENNY BRITT, WR, RUTGERS = Britt has inconsistent hands, but good speed. He starts right away on a team starved for pass catchers.
MY PICK : DARRIUS BUTLER, CB, CONNECTICUT
31. Arizona Cardinals - CHRIS WELLS, RB, OHIO STATE = Wells is a big kid who has shown to be as fragile as an egg thus far. He won't be asked to carry the load, but he toughens up the Cards. He and Highsmith play the same game. A curious pick, because Everette Brown was sitting right there.
MY PICK : DONALD BROWN, RB, CONNECTICUT
32. Pittsburgh Steelers - EVANDER HOOD, DT, MISSOURI = It will be interesting in seeing if the Steelers put the quick Hood at DE. He isn't quite a NT, but he improves the DL. A steal for the Champs!
MY PICK : VONTAE DAVIS, CB, ILLINOIS
33. Lions - LOUIS DELMAS, FS, WESTERN MICHIGAN = The Lions need help everywhere. Delmas need tp improve his tackling technique, but should start now.
MY PICK : ALPHONSO SMITH, CB, WAKE FOREST
34. Patriots - PATRICK CHUNG, SS, OREGON = This pick means Merriweather goes to FS. A great pick!
MY PICK : LOUIS DELMAS, FS, WESTERN MICHIGAN
35. Rams - JAMES LAURINAITIS, MLB, OHIO ST. = BIG need filled by the Rams here. He starts day one. Defensive R.O.Y.?
MY PICK : HAKEEM NICKS, WR, NORTH CAROLINA
36. Browns - BRIAN ROBISKE, WR, OHIO STATE = Getting a WR who can actually catch the ball is a need.
MY PICK : ALEX MACK, C, CAL
37. Seahawks - Traded to Denver = ALPHONSO SMITH, CB, WAKE FOREST = Smith will start day one. Denver needs help all over the defense.
MY PICK : MAX UNGER, G, OREGON
38. Bengals - REY MAUALUGA, MLB, USC = A GREAT pick! A major upgrade on an up and coming unit.
MY PICK : ROBERT AYERS, DE, TENNESSEE
39. Jaguars - EBEN BITTON, OT, ARIZONA = The Jags probably move him to guard, giving them a much improved offensive line.
MY PICK : BRIAN ROBISKE, WR, OHIO STATE
40. Raiders - Traded to New England = RON BRACE, DT, BOSTON COLLEGE = Brace will be groomed to replace Seymour one day.
MY PICK : CLINT SINTIM, OLB, VIRGINIA
41. Packers - Traded to New England = DARRIUS BUTLER, CB, CONNECTICUT = LOVE this pick! A REAL STEAL! Butler upgrades the secondary, and might even return kicks.
MY PICK : PATRICK CHUNG, S, OREGON
42. Bills - JARIUS BYRD, CB, OREGON = I imagine the Bills move the smart, and hard working, Byrd to FS.
MY PICK : DUKE ROBINSON, G, OKLAHOMA
43. 49ers - Traded to Carolina = EVERETTE BROWN, DE, FLORIDA ST. = Carolina needs DE depth, let alone a guy to replace the soon to be departing Peppers. He is raw, but he will learn from one of the best.
MY PICK : LARRY ENGLISH, OLB, NORTHERN ILLINOIS
44. Dolphins - PAT WHITE, QB, WEST VIRGINIA = Most had Miami grabbing White. Kind of an early pick, but the kid has a legitimate shot at being a QB. I can see him beating out Henne one day He has that "it" factor. I think Tuna sees this. He will be a "slash" until then.
MY PICK : DJ MOORE, CB, VANDERBILT
45. Giants - CLINT SINTIM, OLB, VIRGINIA = The Jints could not pass on this kid. He might end up starting day one.
MY PICK : WILLIAM MOORE, S, MISSOURI
46. Texans - CONNER BARWIN, DE, CINCINNATI = Barwin can play tight end and linebacker too. He also is a special teams star as well, with an innate ability to block kicks. He will help Houston wherever they line him up, but he seems destined to bookend Mario Williams. He will help give the Texans an up and coming front seven to be closely watched.
MY PICK : SHONN GREENE, RB, IOWA
47. Patriots - Traded to Oakland = MICHAEL MITCHELL, SS, OHIO = Word is that Chicago was going to grab him in two picks, so Al pounced. He will need time, but he can learn behind Huff this year. One of his football heroes is Jack Tatum, so he fits Oakland well. A possible sleeper pick, and Al has pulled dozens of those out over the years.
MY PICK : STEVE SMITH, CB, UTAH
48. Broncos - DARCEL McBATH, FS, TEXAS TECH = This ball hawk is also excellent on special teams. He should start soon on this defense.
MY PICK : RASHARD JOHNSON, FS, ALABAMA
49. Chicago Bears - Traded to Seattle = MAX UNGER, G, OREGON = Current LG Wahle is ancient, and the Seahawks have little depth at Center. Unger gives them quality depth in both areas, as he is groomed to replace Wahle. I got this pick right, albeit Seattle got him after trading down a few spots.
MY PICK : WILLIAM BEATTY, OT, CONNECTICUT
50. Browns - MOHAMMED MASSAQUOI, WR, GEORGIA = He shot up boards lately. Not fast, he improved his inconsistent hands in his senior year. Should add decent depth unless Edwards is on his way out.
MY PICK : LeSEAN McCOY, RB, PITT - missed by two picks
51. Dallas Cowboys - Traded to Buffalo = ANDY LEVITRE, G, OREGON STATE = Buffalo is trying to toughen up their interior line. Levitre needs to get stronger to play guard, but he is very smart.
MY PICK : JARRON GILBERT, DT, SAN JOSE ST.
52. Jets - Traded to Cleveland : DAVID VEIKUNE, OLB, HAWAII = He will take time to learn OLB, but this kid never quits. He improves special teams too.
MY PICK : LOUIS MURPHY, WR, FLORIDA
53. Eagles - LeSEAN McCOY, RB, PITT = BIG NEED FILLED! McCoy adds depth to a unit led by an aging star who can't seem to stay healthy.
MY PICK : JARED COOK, TE, SOUTH CAROLINA
54. Vikings - PHILLIP LOADHOLT, OT, OKLAHOMA = He will be their starting RT soon. Maybe next year.
MY PICK : RON BRACE, DT, BOSTON COLLEGE
55. Falcons - WILLIAM MOORE, S, MISSOURI = He is always around the ball. He has the ability to start right away.
MY PICK : CONNER BARWIN, OLB, CINCINNATI
56. Dolphins - Traded to Indianapolis : FILI MOALA, DT, USC = The Colts need DT's help badly. Moala should start right away.
MY PICK : MIKE THOMAS, WR, ARIZONA
57. Ravens - PAUL KRUGER, DE, UTAH = Kruger fits the Ravens scheme. He is a hard worker, and will play right away off the edge as a pass rusher.
MY PICK : LEE ROBINSON, ILB, ALCORN STATE
58. Patriots - SEBASTIAN VOLLMER, OT, HOUSTON = He is one of those guys you cannot underestimate. A future starter at RT, but after much grooming is done.
MY PICK : JAMON MEREDITH, OT, SOUTH CAROLINA
59. Carolina Panthers - SHERROD MARTIN, CB, TROY = He is a great athlete, but needs work on technique. He should get plugged into the nickel package soon.
MY PICK : FILI MOALA, DT, USC
60. Giants - WILLIAM BEATTY, OT, CONNECTICUT : Getting OT's to develop is a need, and smart. Beatty is an excellent athlete, and has future starter written all over him.
RAMSES BARDEN, WR, CAL - POLY = they get him next round
61. Indianapolis Colts - Traded to Miami = STEVE SMITH, CB, UTAH = He is very tall, and very raw. He will bookend Davis at CB for years after he develops.
MY PICK : ALEX MAGEE, DT, PURDUE
62. Titans - SEN'DERRICK MARKS, DT, AUBURN = Will he play DT or DE? Should be interesting to see.
MY PICK : CODY SMITH, OLB, CONNECTICUT..missed him by one pick
63. Cardinals - CODY SMITH, OLB, CONNECTICUT = Brown instills youth into their aging OLB group.
MY PICKS : MICHAEL JOHNSON, OLB, GEORGIA TECH..missed him by seven pix
64. Steelers - RICHARD QUINN, TE, NORTH CAROLINA = This pick says the Steelers want to get better running the ball. Quinn is basically a third offensive tackle.
MY PICK : ANDY LEVITRE, G, OREGON STATE
65. Lions - Traded to NY Jets = SHONN GREENE, RB, IOWA = A smart move! The Jets might lose both of their top RB's next year. Greene will soften the blow.
MY PICK : HERMAN JOHNSON, G, LSU
66. Rams - BRADLEY FLETCHER, CB, IOWA = A good athlete who excels on special teams. He will need some time to be groomed to play CB or FS.
MY PICK : CHASE COFFMAN, TE, MISSOURI
67. Chiefs - ALEX MAGEE, DT, PURDUE = Most likely will be moved to DE and add depth in the Chiefs 3-4 scheme.
MY PICK : PAUL KRUGER, DE, UTAH
68. Seahawks - Traded to Chicago = JARRON GILBERT, DT, SAN JOSE ST. = This guy can play DE and OT too. I see him being a DE/ DT guy who adds depth as he learns.
MY PICK : DARCEL McBATH, FS, TEXAS TECH
69. Cowboys - JASON WILLIAMS, LINEBACKER, WESTERN ILLINOIS = Williams was used as a pass rushing defensive end in college. At 6'1" 247, he brings a load of impact with his tackles. Rumor is that the Cowboys will try him out as an inside linebacker. He will have time to learn behind the veteran starters, and help on special teams. A good draft choice.
MY PICK : DERRICK WILLIAMS, WR, PENN ST.
70. Bengals - MICHAEL JOHNSON, DE, GEORGIA TECH = Wildly inconsistent, but has all the talent to be a superstar. I project him as a SLB in a 3-4, but he will probably be a DE in the Bengals 4-3 scheme.
MY PICK : DON CAREY, CB, NORFOLK ST.
71. Raiders - MATT SHAUGHNESSY, DE, WISCONSIN = A reach here. He probably lasts until the 5th or 6th rounds. He is a good character guy, but needs to add a lot of strength and some more weight.
MY PICK : DAVID BRUTON, SS, NOTRE DAME
72. Jaguars - TERRANCE KNIGHTON, DT, TEMPLE = This guy is huge, and specializes in stopping the run. He needs work, but he should help one day.
MY PICK : SEN'DERRICK MARKS. DT, AUBURN
73. Packers - Traded to Jacksonville : DEREK COX, CB, WILLIAM & MARY = He is very smart and fast, but needs a lot of work. A guy who can help in the dime package down the road.
MY PICK : JASON WILLIAMS, OLB, WESTERN ILLINOIS..missed him by 4 pix
74. 49ers - GLEN COFFEE, RB, ALABAMA = The Niners need depth here. Coffee runs too high, and need to stop fumbling. Still, he had to potential to add quality depth.
MY PICK : PHIL LOADHOLT, OT, OKLAHOMA
75. Bills - Traded to Dallas = ROBERT BREWSTER, GUARD, BALL STATE - Brewster is very experienced and versatile. He played both tackle and guard in college. He has long arms, and a big frame. Brewster needs to hit the weight room and get stronger, but he is a solid prospect.
MY PICK : SHAWN NELSON, TE, SOUTHERN MISS. = Buffalo gets him next round
76. Jets - Traded to Detroit = DeANDRE LEVY, OLB, WISCONSIN = Curious pick,. He is smart, and good in pass coverage. However, he is tiny, and no factor against the run.
JAMES DAVIS, RB, CLEMSON
77. Texans - ANTOINE CALDWELL, CENTER, ALABAMA = Caldwell is a center who is best at run blocking. He is very smart, and is a team leader. Not a great athlete, nor blessed with much quickness, I have a feeling Alex Gibbs will coach him up to be a long time NFL player, and the future starter.
MY PICK : COYE FRANCIES, CB, SAN JOSE ST.
78. Chargers - LOUIS VASQUEZ, GUARD, TEXAS TECH = This mauler will fit right into the Chargers system, and should be a starter one day.
MY PICK : ANDRE BROWN, RB, NC STATE
79. Broncos - Traded to Pittsburgh : KRAIG URBIK, G, WISCONSIN = A versatile kid who needs to get stronger. Good depth type of pick.
MY PICK : JASPER BRINKLEY, ILB, SOUTH CAROLINA
80. Redskins - KEVIN BARNES, CB, MARYLAND = Barnes can play any scheme, and really hits hard. He needs to hit the weight room to stay healthy, but he adds much needed depth.
MY PICK : GERALD CADOGAN, OT, PENN ST.
81. Buccaneers - ROY MILLER, DEFENSIVE TACKLE, TEXAS = Miller fills a huge need for the Bucs, and should be part of their rotation day one.
MY PICK : VICTOR HARRIS, CB, VIRGINIA TECH
82. Lions - DERRICK WILLIAMS, WR, PENN ST. = A smart pick. Williams will stretch the seam from the slot, opening things up for Pettigrew and the Johnson's. He also can return kicks.
MY PICK : VANCE WALKER, DT, GEORGIA TECH
83. Packers - Traded to New England : BRANDON TATE, WR, NORTH CAROLINA = You probably won't see Tate until 2010, but the kid is an amazing return specialist. After he develops as a WR, he will help there too. A nice gamble that could pay off big.
MY PICK : TROY KROPOG, OT, TULANE
84. Broncos - Traded to Pittsburgh : MIKE WALLACE, WR, MISSISSIPPI = Wallace is a speed merchant. He will return kicks, but has an upside to where you can see him helping as a #3 or #4 WR in the future.
MY PICK : RHETT BOMAR, QB, SAM HOUSTON ST.
85. Eagles - Traded to NY Giants : RAMSES BARDEN, WR, CAL POLY = As I predicted, he was tabbed by the Big Blue. He is huge, and specializes in the red zone. He will be given time to be groomed.
MY PICK : JARIUS BYRD, CB, OREGON
86. Vikings - ASHER ALLEN, CB, GEORGIA = Allen has starter written all over him. He is fast, tough, and experienced.
MY PICK : CORNELIUS INGRAM, TE, FLORIDA
87. Dolphins - PATRICK TURNER, WR, USC = Miami gets a big kid who will supplant the underachieving Wilford.
MY PICK : DARRY BECKWITH, ILB, LSU
88. Ravens - LADARIUS WEBB, FS, NICHOLLS ST. = Webb is a great athlete who will be groomed to be Ed Reed's eventual successor.
MY PICK : SHERROD MARTIN, CB, TROY
89. Patriots - Traded to Tennessee : JARED COOK, TE, SOUTH CAROLINA = This is a good pick. Crumpler is not the player he was. Cook needs a lot of work, but he is an amazing athlete. He adds a dimension the Titans could use.
MY PICK : JASON PHILLIPS, ILB, T.C.U.
90. Falcons - CHRISTOPHER OWENS, CB, SAN JOSE ST. = Owens was rated higher than his teammate Francies by some, and it appears Atlanta was among those who did. He is a solid type who can add depth.
MY PICK : T.J. LANG, G, EASTERN MICHIGAN
91. Giants - Traded to Seattle : DEON BUTLER, WR, PENN ST. = Butler has incredible speed, is a hard worker, and versatile. He needs some work, but he gives Seattle a guy who can get deep.
JONATHAN LUIGS, C, ARKANSAS
92. Colts - JERRAUD POWERS, CB, AUBURN = He is very raw, but he is the type of CB Indy seems to like in their scheme. He'll try to help on special teams as he develops.
MARCUS FREEMAN, OLB, OHIO ST.
93. Panthers - CORY IRVIN, DT, GEORGIA = He needs to get stronger, but he can add much needed depth.
MY PICK : ASHER ALLEN, CB, GEORGIA..missed him by 7 pix
94. Titans - RYAN MOUTON, CB, HAWAII = Jeff Fisher must see something in this speedy, but very raw, kid. He should help on special teams.
MY PICK : CHRIS BAKER, DT, HAMPTON
95. Cardinals - RASHARD JOHNSON, FS, ALABAMA = Johnson is very smart, and always seems to be around the ball. He can add to the bench.
MY PICK : ROBERT BREWSTER, OT, BALL ST.
96. Steelers - KEENAN LEWIS, CB, OREGON STATE = Lewis is a nice fit here. He is smart, tough, and has intangibles that could equate into a long career.
MY PICK : ERIC WOOD, C, LOUISVILLE
97. Patriots - TYRONE McKENZIE, OLB, SOUTH FLORIDA = He adds important depth, has a very high IQ, and never quits. A perfect player for Billichek.
MY PICK : KEVIN BARNES, CB, MARYLAND
98. Bengals - CHASE COFFMAN, TE, MISSOURI = If Coffman stays on the field, he could make a run at R.O.Y. Palmer will love tossing this guy the ball.
MY PICK : DANNELL ELLERBE, MLB, GEORGIA
99. Bears - JUAN IGLESIAS, WR, OKLAHOMA = Another WR who is smart helps. He runs great routes, though he is not real fast. Good for the slot.
MY PICK : BRADLEY FLETCHER, CB, IOWA
100. Giants - TRAVIS BECKUM, TE, WISCONSIN = Beckum is strictly a receiving type, but he gives the Giants another wrinkle to an offense that is already pretty good.
MY PICK : RASHAD JENNINGS, RB, LIBERTY
101. Cowboys - STEPHEN McGEE, QUARTERBACK, TEXAS A & M = Dallas stays local in getting their QB project. McGee had a very erratic and injury filled collegiate career. He needs major work in all areas of his game, but there is no rush. A solid pickup.
MY PICK : CHIP VAUGHN, SS, WAKE FOREST
102. Chiefs - DONALD WASHINGTON, CB, OHIO ST. = Washington is a solid pick. He likes to support the run, and isn't bad in coverage. He adds depth.
MY PICK : TRAVIS BECKUM, TE, WISCONSIN..missed him by 2 pix
103. Rams - DORELL SCOTT, DT, CLEMSON = I like this pick. Scott is a pass rusher type. He fits well next to Carriker. If he gets better on run support, the Rams can have a solid defensive line.
MY PICK : RICKY JEAN - FRANCOIS, DT, LSU
104. Browns - KALUKA MAIVIA, OLB, USC = He is a special teams star. A small OLB, he might develop as more.
MY PICK : KRAIG URBIK, G, WISCONSIN
105. Seahawks - Traded to Chicago : HENRY MELTON, DEFENSIVE END, TEXAS = He is an excellent athlete, something Chicago likes. He fills a big need for depth here.
MY PICK : NATE DAVIS, QB, BALL STATE
106. Bengals - JONATHAN LUIGS, C, ARKANSAS = I expect him to win the starting job in camp. Ultra smart, but just needs to get stronger.
MY PICK : MIKE GOODSON, RB, TEXAS A & M
107. Jaguars - MIKE THOMAS, WR, ARIZONA = Thomas will return kicks and be used in the slot. He is an excellent athlete.
MY PICK : MIKE MICKENS, CB, CINCINNATI
108. Dolphins - BRIAN HARTLINE, WR, OHIO ST. = HUH? Not only would this guy had been available later, it is doubtful he would have been drafted. He might help on special teams IF he makes the team. Maybe I'm wrong?
MY PICK : A.Q. SHIPLEY, C, PENN ST.
109. Packers - TJ LANG, OT, EASTERN MICHIGAN = A versatile guy who can play RT or G. He needs to hit the weight room, but he has what it takes.
MY PICK : KYLE MOORE, DE, USC
110. Bills - Traded to Dallas : VICTOR BUTLER, DEFENSIVE END, OREGON = Athletic pass rusher who will have to move to linebacker in the pros. He has stiff hips and questionable awareness. He needs a lot of work, but might make the team as a special teams performer.
MY PICK : BRANDON UNDERWOOD, CB, CINCINNATI
111. 49ers - Traded to Carolina : MIKE GOODSON, RUNNING BACK, TEXAS A & M = Carolina seems to love small and explosive backs. Goodson will have to bide his time between the great tandem of Williams and Stewart, but there is no question he will help. Expect him to return kicks too.
MY PICK : JUAQUIN IGLESIAS, WR, OKLAHOMA
112. Titans - Traded to Houston : GLOVER QUIN, CORNERBACK, NEW MEXICO = Quin is very physical, and is a big hitter. He is strong, and likes to support the run. Quin could make an impact on special teams, and as a reserve, as he learns.
MY TAKE : BRANDON GIBSON, WR, WASHINGTON ST.
113. Chargers - VAUGHAN MARTIN, NT, WESTERN ONTARIO = Martin gets to learn behind Williams, one of the best. The kid benched 225 forty four times! A project worth watching develop.
MY PICK : CURTIS TAYLOR, SS, LSU
114. Broncos - DAVIS BRUTON, SS, NOTRE DAME = A special teams star, this is where his value lies primarily. He needs a lot of work as a safety, but has the desire and athleticism to make it.
MY PICK : KEENAN LEWIS, CB, OREGON ST.
115. Jets - Traded to Detroit : SAMMIE LEE HILL, DT, STILLMAN = Hill is very raw, but very strong. He will add depth to the DT rotation.
MY PICK : TREVOR CANFIELD, G, CINCINNATI
116. Saints - CHIP VAUGHAN, SS, WAKE FOREST = Vaughan is a guy who likes to support the run, but the type you take out on passing downs. A good add here.
MY PICK : DeANGELO SMITH, CB, CINCINNATI
117. Cowboys - Traded to Tampa Bay : KYLE MOORE, DE, USC = A big DE who will add depth behind their starters.
MY PICK : ROGER ALLEN, G, MISSOURI WESTERN ST.
118. Saints - STANLEY ARNOUX, MLB, WAKE FOREST = Arnoux is a backup type who will try to help on special teams.
MY PICK : LAWRENCE SIDBURY JR., OLB, RICHMOND
119. Bears - DJ MOORE, CB, VANDERBILT = A steal. Moore is underrated. He will add to their extra DB packages for now, and could start in the near future.
MY PICK : MOHAMED MASSAQUOI, WR, GEORGIA
120. Buccaneers - Traded to Dallas : BRANDON WILLIAMS, DEFENSIVE END, TEXAS TECH = He is also strictly a pass rusher and special teams player right now. He has a lot to learn, and needs to get much stronger. His motor is in question, so he will really have to prove his critics wrong.
MY PICK : HENRY MELTON, DE, TEXAS
121. Bills - SHAWN NELSON, TE, SOUTHERN MISS. = He is strictly a pass catching type, but he gives Buffalo an intriguing weapon in their arsenal.
122. HOUSTON TEXANS : ANTHONY HILL, TIGHT END, NORTH CAROLINA STATE = Many feel Hill is the best blocking tight end in the draft. He is not much of a receiving threat, but he will basically serve as a third offensive tackle when he is on the field.
MY PICK : COURTNEY GREENE, SS, RUTGERS
123. Ravens - Traded to New England : RICH OHRNBERGER, G, PENN ST. = He is nasty, tough, and technically sound. He is not strong or athletic. He works best in a zone scheme, but will have time to develop.
MY PICK : KORY SHEETS, RB, PURDUE
124. Patriots - Traded to Oakland : LOUIS MURPHY, WR, FLORIDA = He is speedy, and can make the big play. He is also very inconsistent. There is word his surgically repaired knee needs another operation.
MY PICK : DAVID VEIKUNE, DE, HAWAII
125. Falcons - LAWRENCE SIDBURY, OLB, RICHMOND = Atlanta needed OLB depth, and got an excellent athlete with very long arms. He will need time to covert to linebacker.
MY PICK : ROY MILLER, DT, TEXAS
126. Raiders - SLADE NORRIS, OLB, OREGON ST. = Al Davis makes the draft fun. Most had Norris lasting deep into the draft. He is an undersized pass rusher who will have to get stronger and play OLB. A hard worker, at least.
MY PICK : JASON WATKINS, OT, FLORIDA
127. Colts - AUSTIN COLLIE, WR, BYU = A possession type who could add decent depth, and help in the slot.
MY PICK : KALUKA MAIAVA, OLB, USC
128. New York Giants - ANDRE BROWN, RB, NC STATE = Decent receiver, has good instincts. Not much mileage, but injury prone. Should get a chance to add depth.
129. Panthers - TONY FIAMMETTA, FB, SYRACUSE = I was expecting Carolina to get a FB, and they get the best one in the draft. Fiammetta is a lot like Hoover. He can run, catch, and block pretty well.
MY PICK : LOUIS VASQUEZ, G, TEXAS TECH
130. Titans - GERALD McRATH, OLB, SOUTHERN MISS. = Tennessee gets their OLB to groom behind the aging Bullock. McRath is a tackling machine who needs seasoning and strength.
MY PICK : RICHARD QUINN, TE, NORTH CAROLINA
131. Cardinals - GREG TOLER, CB, ST. PAUL'S = Toler is an excellent athlete who will take time to learn. He will help on special teams.
MY PICK : ANTOINE CALDWELL, C, ALABAMA
132. Steelers - Traded to Denver : SETH OLSEN, G, IOWA = A big mauler who specializes in run blocking. He adds depth.
MY PICK : BRANDON TATE, WR, NORTH CAROLINA
133. Chargers - TYRONNE GREEN, G, AUBURN = A project who used to be a DT. He might spend this year on the developmental squad, but he is very athletic.
MY PICK : SCOTT McKILLOP, ILB, PITTSBURGH
134. Chargers - GARTRELL JOHNSON, RB, OREGON = A great pick! He has little wear on him, and never fumbles. He is a power back who upgrades the backfield instantly.
MY PICK : GARRETT REYNOLDS, OT, NORTH CAROLINA
135. Titans - TROY KROPOG, OT, TULANE = A mean and nasty guy, he is the kind you may see starting one day soon.
MY PICK : BRANDON WILLIAMS, DE, TEXAS TECH
136. Colts - TERRANCE TAYLOR, DT, MICHIGAN = A run stopper type who needs to improve his stamina. He will get used on a thin unit.
MY PICK : CLINTON McDONALD, DT, MEMPHIS
137. Seahawks - Traded to Baltimore : JASON PHILLIPS, MLB, TCU = Phillips must be smiling from ear to ear. He gets to learn from Ray Lewis. Phillips is very smart, and a hard worker, so you know he will take advantage of it.
MY PICK : AL AFALAVA, SS, OREGON ST.
138. Rams - Traded to Atlanta : WILLIAM MIDDLETON, CB, FURMAN = A little guy with good speed, he could help on special teams.
MY PICK : DOMONIQUE JOHNSON, CB, JACKSON ST.
139. Chiefs - CLINT BROWN, OT, MISSOURI = A huge kid destined for RT. A project who will need time to develop.
MY PICK : OTIS WILEY, FS, MICHIGAN STATE
140. Bears - JOHNNY KNOX, WIDE RECEIVER, ABILENE CHRISTIAN = Da Bears get themselves a true speedster. Knox will probably catch quite a few balls from Jay Cutler this year.
MY PICK : JAVON RINGER, RB, MICHIGAN ST.
141. Eagles - Traded to Denver : KENNY McKINLEY, WR, SOUTH CAROLINA = A skinny speed merchant who works best in the slot.
MY PICK : TERRANCE KNIGHTON, DT, TEMPLE
142. Bengals - KEVIN HUBER, P, CINCINNATI = A weird pick. He is inconsistent, and the Bengals invested a lot of money into their current guy. Kickoff guy?
MY PICK : PATRICK TURNER, WR, USC
143. Falcons - Traded to Dallas : DeANGELO SMITH, FREE SAFETY, CINCINNATI = Many felt Smith was the highest rated defensive back of the talented trio of Bearcats in this draft. His best position may be safety, because he is very good at supporting the run, but he can play CB. A good pick.
MY PICK : MICHAEL HAMLIN, FS, CLEMSON
144. Jaguars - JARRETT DILLARD, WIDE RECEIVER, RICE = All Dillard does is catch everything thrown in his area. He gets to learn from Torry Holt, and I am sure he will contribute often as well.
MY PICK : STEPHEN McGEE, QB, TEXAS A & M
145. Packers - QUINN JOHNSON, FB, LSU = A raw prospect, but the best blocking FB in the draft. A nice pick.
MY PICK : GLEN COFFEE, RB, ALABAMA
146. 49ers - SCOTT McKILLOP, MLB, PITTSBURGH = The kid works hard, and is very smart. He adds depth, and might plug into the other ILB slot opposite of Willis one day.
MY PICK : TERRANCE TAYLOR, NT, MICHIGAN
147. Bills - NIC HARRIS, SS, OKLAHOMA = Too slow for safety, and too small for OLB. Strictly a special teams player. Wasted pick, because it is doubtful anyone would have picked him until the seventh round.
MY PICK : TONY FIAMMETTA, FB, SYRACUSE
148. Chargers - BRANDON HUGHES, CB, OREGON ST. = He will try to add depth, and help on special teams.
MY PICK : JOSHUA MAUGA, LB, NEVADA
149. Broncos - Traded to Baltimore : DAVON DREW, TE, EAST CAROLINA : Interesting pick, considering the Ravens have three veteran TE's. A project, at best, right now.
MY PICK : SAMMIE LEE HILL, DT, STILLMAN
150. Redskins - Traded to Minnesota : JASPER BRINKLEY, MLB, SOUTH CAROLINA = A hard hitter who adds depth. A two down type of MLB.
MY PICK : EDWIN WILLIAMS, C, MARYLAND
151. Giants - RHETT BOMAR, QUARTERBACK, SAM HOUSTON STATE = Bomar couldn't ask for a better job. He gets to go in as the third quarterback, and take all the time he needs to develop.
JAMES CASEY, TE, RICE
152. Texans - JAMES CASEY, TE, RICE = Casey is versatile and mature. Expect seeing him line up all over the field as an H-Back, fullback, and slot receiver. He gives Houston an intriguing player on an already explosive offense. He went one pick lower than from where I had him.
MY PICK : GRAHAM HARRELL, QB, TEXAS TECH
153. Eagles - CORNELIUS INGRAM, TE, FLORIDA = David Akers, the kicker, blocks better than Ingram. Still, he can give Philly a nice weapon if he is recovered from his knee injury.
MY PICK : ZACK FOLLETT, OLB, CAL
154. Bears - MARCUS FREEMAN, OLB, OHIO ST. = A steal here. His durability issues dropped him here, but he has the skills to be a good WLB.
MY PICK : BROOKS FOSTER, WR, NORTH CAROLINA
155. Buccaneers - XAVIER FULTON, OT, ILLINOIS = A raw prospect who might spend this year on the developmental squad.
MY PICK : CORNELIUS LEWIS, G, TENNESSEE ST
156. Cowboys - Traded to Atlanta : GARRETT REYNOLDS, OT, NORTH CAROLINA = A hard worker, and the nephew of Hacksaw Reynolds. He adds quality depth. A nice pick.
MY PICK : PAT WHITE, QB, WEST VIRGINIA
157. Eagles - VICTOR HARRIS, CB, VIRGINIA TECH = Philly must have liked "Macho's" personality. He is pretty much a cover 2 type of CB, but Philly needs depth at this position.
MY PICK : WILL DAVIS, DE, ILLINOIS
158. Vikings - Traded to Washington : CODY GLENN, LB, NEBRASKA = A WEIRD PICK. A former RB with good speed, but is very raw. He has character issues, and his toughness is in question. Doubtful he would have been drafted, but Washington has the incompetent Vinny Cerrato making these picks. Glenn is a special teamer, unless he somehow develops into more.
MY PICK : FENUKI TUPOU, OT, OREGON
159. Eagles - FENUKI TUPOU, OT, OREGON = OK, so I was one pick off here. Topou is a mauler. He is the kind who can kick inside to guard. A real good pick.
MY PICK : JOE BURNETT, CB, CENTRAL FLORIDA
160. Falcons.- Traded to ST. LOUIS : BROOKS FOSTER, WR, NORTH CAROLINA = I had him going six picks earlier. He is raw, but the kid is a hard worker. Some think he is the best WR prospect the Tarheels had in this draft.
ORION MARTIN, DE, VIRGINIA TECH
161. Dolphins - JOHN NALBONE, TE, MONMOUTH = A pass catching type of TE. He will look to add depth.
MY PICK : JOEL BELL, OT, FURMAN
162. Ravens - Traded to Green Bay : JAMON MEREDITH, OT, SOUTH CAROLINA = He is raw, and might be a guard. Restocking the line is always smart.
MY PICK : CAMERON MORRAH, TE, CAL
163. Panthers - DUKE ROBINSON, G, OKLAHOMA = A STEAL! I see him lining up next to Otah on that ride side, and mashing opponents.
MY PICK : QUINN JOHNSON, FB, LSU
164. Giants - Traded to New Orleans : THOMAS MORSTEAD, PUNTER, SMU = After seeing the Bengals draft a punter, the Saints wisely grabbed Morstead. He should last a long time in the NFL.
MY PICK : MARKO MITCHELL, WR, NEVADA
165. Colts - Traded to Miami : CHRIS CLEMONS, S, CLEMSON = Very raw, and can be too aggressive. A special teamer type who might develop into more some day.
MY PICK : AUGUSTUS PARRISH, OT, KENT ST.
166. Cowboys - MICHAEL HAMLIN, SAFETY, CLEMSON = Which safety spot Hamlin will play is the quandary. He is very smart, and a team leader. He also has been very injury prone in college, and is not a great athlete.
MY PICK : MIKE WALLACE, WR, OLE MISS
167. Cardinals - HERM JOHNSON, G, LSU = I thought he'd be gone right now, because he is huge. A very raw player, Russ Grimm will have fun molding him.
MY PICK : KORY SPERRY, TE, COLORADO ST.
168. Steelers - JOE BURNETT, CB, CENTRAL FLORIDA = I had Joe going nine picks earlier. He is very fast, and an excellent return man. The vision of him and Wallace returning kicks is one to watch.
MY PICK : KHALIF MITCHELL, DE, EAST CAROLINA
169. Steelers - FRANK SUMMERS, FB, UNLV = Summers is a former halfback who has some versatility to him.
MY PICK : CULLEN HARPER, QB, CLEMSON
170. Patriots - GEORGE BUSSEY, OT, LOUISVILLE = Bussy is destined to be a guard in the NFL. He is very strong and explosive, but very raw. A guy who might spend this year on the developmental squad.
MY PICK : JEREMIAH JOHNSON, RB, OREGON
171. 49ers - NATE DAVIS, QB, BALL ST. = Very underrated prospect. Has a gun, is accurate, and is athletic. Teams shied away because of his dyslexia. It won't shock me if he is starting soon, because the kid is a winner.
MY PICK : ARIAN FOSTER, RB, TENNESSEE
172. Cowboys - DAVID BUEHLER, KICKER, USC = Good pick. Dallas doesn't need him to score points, because Nick Folk was nearly perfect last year. Buehler has good blood lines. His Uncle George played as an offensive lineman for the Raiders and Browns. He is athletic and huge, at 6'2" 225, and will be a kickoff specialist.
MY PICK : CARY HARRIS, CB, USC
173. Titans - JAVON RINGER, RB, MICHIGAN ST. = He will try to make the roster as a third RB, and might do it.
MY PICK : GLOVER QUIN, CB, NEW MEXICO ST.
174. Lions - Traded to Denver : TOM BRANDSTATER, QB, FRESNO ST. Getting a young QB to develop is needed. Brandstater ran a similar system in college, so he might be worth the pick.
MY PICK : DEMETRIUS BYRD, WR, LSU
175. Chiefs - QUINTEN LAWRENCE, WR, McNEESE ST. = A fast and strong WR, he has a very good chance of sticking on the roster.
MY PICK : LADARIUS WEBB, CB, NICHOLLS ST.
176. Rams - Traded to Atlanta : SPENCER ADKINS, OLB, MIAMI, FLA = Adkins has good speed, and might help on special teams.
MY PICK : FRANZ JOSEPH, MLB, FLORIDA ATLANTIC
177. Browns - DON CAREY, CB, NORFOLK ST. = A real sleeper pick. He is smart, fast, and tough. Rumor is that he turned down Yale because of financial constraints. He has future starter written all over him.
MY PICK : MATT SHAUGHNESSY, DE, WISCONSIN
178. Seahawks - MIKE TEEL. QB, RUTGERS = He is experienced, and put up nice numbers in college. Erratic at times, but he is worth trying to develop.
MY PICK : DOMINIQUE EDISON, WR, STEPHEN F. AUSTIN
179. Bengals - MORGAN TRENT, CB, MICHIGAN = Good in run support, but not fast. A special teamer type.
MY PICK : BRIAN TOAL, OLB, BOSTON COLLEGE
180. Jaguars - ZACH MILLER, TE, NEBRASKA - OMAHA = Jack Del Rio must have a thing for turning college QB's into receivers. Miller is going to try TE. It has worked in the past with guys like Mike Tice, a coach with the Jags.
MY PICK : RULON JONES, DE, CAL
181. Dolphins - ANDREW GARDNER, OT, GEORGIA TECH = An athletic player who needs to get much stronger. A project worth sticking on the developmental squad at the least.
MY PICK : QUAN COSBY, WR, TEXAS
182. Packers - JARIUS WYNN, DE, GEORGIA = Wynn is a guy who is best at stopping the run. He could provide depth.
MY PICK : TYRONNE GREEN, G, AUBURN
183. Bills - CARY HARRIS, CB, USC = A solid player with durability issues. He could possibly provide quality depth, if he stays healthy.
MY PICK : JAMARCA SANFORD, SS, OLE MISS
184. 49ers - BEAR PASCOE, TE, FRESNO ST. = A decent blocker with soft hands. Could stick as a third stringer.
MY PICK : ELLIS LANKSTER, CB, WEST VIRGINIA
185. Broncos - Traded to Baltimore : CEDRIC PEERMAN, RB, VIRGINIA = He will look to add depth. He does all the little things well, but none expertly. I had him going three picks later.
MY PICK : GARTRELL JOHNSON, RB, COLORADO ST.
186. Redskins - ROBERT HENSON, LINEBACKER, TCU = A small linebacker at 6' 228, he is fast. He might get a look at safety, but will certainly try to help on special teams.
MY PICK : EVERETTE PEDESCLEAUX, DE, NORTHERN IOWA
187. Packers - BRANDON UNDERWOOD, CB, CINCINNATI = He has experience at FS, but might be best served to be a CB in the NFL. He needs to get stronger, and prove he has the mental toughness. He has the skill set.
MY PICK : RHYAN ANDERSON, DE, NEW MEXICO ST.
188. Texans - BRICE McCAIN, CORNERBACK, UTAH = McCain is an absolute speed merchant. He is not a big man, at 5'9" 185, but he is a good value pick at this stage. He is very raw, and needs a lot of work on his technique.
MY PICK : CEDRIC PEERMAN, RB, VIRGINIA
189. Chargers - KEITH ELLISON, SS, USC = A SS who comes out on passing downs. He is experienced, so he has a shot.
MY PICK : JERRAUD POWERS, CB, AUBURN
190. Bears - AL AFALAVA, SS, OREGON = He blew away scouts at his pro day, outperforming the guys invited to the combine. A real sleeper pick who hits hard.
MY PICK : KEVIN OGLETREE, WR, VIRGINIA
191. Buccaneers - Traded to Cleveland : COYE FRANCIES, CB, SAN JOSE ST. = WOW! The Browns score on two CB's, who can really help them, in the last two rounds. I was amazed Francies dropped here.
MY PICK : JARRETT DILLARD, WR, RICE
192. Lions - AARON BROWN, RB, TCU = Brown has very good speed and receiving skills. He will also be asked to help as a return specialist. He can provide the Lions a good third down option. Must improve his blocking.
MY PICK : BROWN
193. Jets - MATT SLAUSON, G, NEBRASKA = A mauler who is versatile. Very raw, and needs to get stronger. Might add depth.
MY PICK : JOHNNY KNOX, WR, ABILENE CHRISTIAN
194. Eagles - BRANDON GIBSON, WR, WASHINGTON ST. = A real sleeper pick. He suffered on a bad team last year, but he is a hard working possession type. He has a chance of supplanting Avant.
MY PICK : EMMANUEL COOK, SS, SOUTH CAROLINA
195. Eagles - Traded to Cleveland : JAMES DAVIS, RB, CLEMSON = Cleveland scores big again! Davis has the ability to replace Lewis in 2010.
MY PICK : JON COOPER, C, OKLAHOMA
196. Falcons - Traded to St. Louis = KEITH NULL, QUARTERBACK, WEST TEXAS A & M = Null has put up huge numbers, albeit against smaller schools. He is a guy they drafted to develop. At 6'4" 220, he has the size teams like.
MY PICK : IAN CAMPBELL, DE, KANSAS ST.
197. Cowboys - STEPHEN HODGE, STRONG SAFETY, TCU = Hodge is a fantastic special teams player. He isn't great in pass coverage, but has good blitzing ability. He went seven picks earlier than from where I had him.
MY PICK : CJ SPILLMAN, FS, MARSHALL
198. Ravens - Traded to New England : JAKE INGRAM, LS, HAWAII = A very good pick. They needed this position filled, so they got the best guy on the board.
MY PICK : DUDLEY GUICE, WR, NORHWESTERN LA. ST.
199. Patriots - Traded to Oakland : STRYKER SULAK, OLB, MISSOURI = A hard worker. He is a project, but he might help on special teams.
MY PICK : JAIME THOMAS, G, MARYLAND
200. Giants - DeANDRE WRIGHT, CB, NEW MEXICO = He got a lot of press at the beginning of last year, but got hurt. He will have to prove himself on special teams.
MY PICK : GREG TOLER, CB, SAINT PAUL'S
201. Colts - CURTIS PAINTER, QB, PURDUE = Knew they'd grab a QB. They stay local, and grab a guy who broke the records set by Brees. He has the tools, and gets to learn from Manning.
MY PICK : HUNTER CANTWELL, QB, LOUISVILLE
202. Patriots - Traded to Oakland : BRANDON MYERS, TE, IOWA = Myers was a reserve who got to play due to injury last year. He showed decent skills, but there is a chance he gets a look at OLB.
MY PICK : ANTHONY HILL, TE, NC STATE
203. Titans - JASON McCOURTEY, CB, RUTGERS = A small CB with speed. He might stick via special teams.
MY PICK : DALLAS REYNOLDS, C, BYU
204. Cardinals - WILL DAVIS, OLB, ILLINOIS = A good pass rusher, but needs to learn how to play SLB. A project, but needed. Their OLB's are aging.
MY PICK : STEPHEN HODGE, SS, TCU
205. Steelers - Ra'SHON HARRIS, DE, OREGON = A run stuffer type. He needs to get stronger, and is a project.
MY PICK : DEON BUTLER, WR, PENN ST.
206. Titans - DOMINIQUE EDISON, WIDE RECEIVER, STEPHEN F. AUSTIN = You cannot deny the speed Edison has. He will be given every opportunity to develop on a team starved for good receivers.
MY PICK : IAN JOHNSON, RB, BOISE ST.
207. Patriots - MYRON PRYOR, DT, KENTUCKY = Pryor specializes in stopping the run. He is a guy who you might see on the developmental squad this year.
MY PICK : KIRSTON PITTMAN, DE, LSU
208. Cowboys - JOHN PHILLIPS, TIGHT END, VIRGINIA = Curious pick. Phillips is not much of a receiving threat, and an average blocker. He was also injury prone throughout college. They must see something I don't, and I saw Phillips play for years in the ACC.
MY PICK : JASON COOK, FB, OLE MISS
209. Bengals - BERNARD SCOTT, RUNNING BACK, ABILENE CHRISTIAN = Scott has the ability to be special, but he must mature and stay out of trouble. I had him going nine picks later.
MY PICK : AUSTIN COLLIE, WR, BYU
210. Cowboys - Traded to Atlanta : VANCE WALKER, DT, GEORGIA TECH = Walker is a guy who is best at stopping the run. Considering the Falcons need DT's, he might stick.
MY PICK : PANNEL EGBOH, DE, STANFORD
211. Rams - CHRIS OGBONNAYA, RUNNING BACK, TEXAS = Ogbonnaya is a fantastic receiver. It will be interesting to see how the Rams try to use him. H-Back?
MY PICK : ANTHONY FELDER, OLB, CAL
212. Chiefs - JAVARRIS WILLIAMS, RB, TENNESSEE ST. = Runs hard, and has good strength. He is a very good blocker, but an unknown commodity as a receiver. He could add depth. I had him going later this round.
MY PICK : DAVON DREW, TE, EAST CAROLINA
213. Seahawks - Traded to Philadelphia = PAUL FANAIKA, G, ARIZONA ST. = A huge player with long arms. Smart and strong, but not a great athlete. He specializes in run blocking. I had him going later this round.
MY PICK : ALEX BOONE, OT, OHIO ST.
214. Dolphins - J.D. FOLSOM, OLB, WEBER ST. = A fierce competitor who will try to make it on special teams.
MY PICK : ANTONIO APPLEBY, ILB, VIRGINIA
215. Bengals - FUI VAKAPUNA, FB, BYU = Right team, wrong player. Decent blocker with some receiving skills. Might get a look at RB too.
MY PICK : RAY FEINGA, G, BYU
216. Raiders - Traded to Carolina : CAPTAIN MUNNERLYN, CB, SOUTH CAROLINA = Should have stayed in school for his senior year. Excellent athlete, but is not big and needs to work on his technique. I had him going later on this round.
MY PICK : KEITH FITZHUGH, SS, MISS. ST.
217. Buccaneers - E.J. BIGGERS, CB, WESTERN MICHIGAN = Will have to make it on special teams.
MY PICK : MARQUEZ BRANSON, TE, CENTRAL ARKANSAS
218. Packers - BRAD JONES, OLB, COLORADO = An excellent athlete, but small for OLB. SS? Will have to stick on special teams.
MY PICK : BERNARD SCOTT, RB, ABILENE CHRISTIAN
219. 49ers - CURTIS TAYLOR, SS, LSU = Very raw prospect with good athleticism. Will have to stick on special teams.
MY PICK : JEFF SCHWEIGER, DE, SAN JOSE ST.
220. Bills - ELLIS LANKSTER, CB, WEST VIRGINIA = Has good size and is tough. Likes to support the run. A good athlete with decent speed, but he must get stronger. Really came on in his senior year after being nearly invisible before. A possible sleeper.
MY PICK : JEREMY NAVARRE, DE, MARYLAND
221. Vikings -Traded to Washington : EDDIE WILLIAMS, TE, IDAHO = He projects as an H-Back/ FB type. Hard worker, but in a crowded position.
MY PICK : MORGAN TRENT, CB, MICHIGAN
222. Saints - Traded to Indianapolis = PATRICK McAFEE, P, WEST VIRGINIA = Again, hard to doubt Polian. He is projected to be the punter, but was really inconsistent in college.
MY PICK : ZACH POTTER, DE, NEBRASKA
223. Texans - TROY NOLAN, STRONG SAFETY, ARIZONA STATE = Nolan is a hard hitter with good speed. He is very raw, and needs work on his pass coverage technique. He will have time to learn as he helps on special teams. A possible sleeper pick who could start one day down the road.
MY PICK : SEBASTIAN VOLMER, OT, HOUSTON
224. Chargers - DEMETRIUS BYRD, WR, LSU = He will not play this year, most likely. He is raw, but very fast. Worth developing for a shot in 2010.
MY PICK : JAKE INGRAM, LS, HAWAII
225. Broncos - BLAKE SCHLUETER, CENTER, TCU = Schlueter fits the Broncos scheme well. He is smart nasty, and best in a zone blocking scheme. I think he is a future starter. He went two picks earlier than from where I had him.
MY PICK : GREG ISDANER, G, WEST VIRGINIA
226. Steelers - A.Q. SHIPLEY, C, PENN ST. = A smart player with a motor that never turns off. A good pick.
MY PICK : COREY IRVIN, DT, GEORGIA
227. Cowboys - MIKE MICKENS, CORNERBACK, CINCINNATI = This could be a steal. Mickens has gone up and down draft boards that last month. His long arms, great hands, and ability to cover man to man makes him an intriguing prospect. Needs to get stronger and gamble less, but he could help, having led the NCAA's in interceptions last year.
MY PICK : BLAKE SCHLUETER, C, TCU
228. Jets - Traded to Detroit : LYDON MURTHA, OT, NEBRASKA = Seattle needs to keep stocking the OL. Murtha really impressed scouts at the combine. He is extremely smart, fast, and athletic for a man of his mammoth size. He was a underachiever at college, and battled injuries frequently. He needs to hit the weight room more, but he has a possibility of being very good. It will up to him. I had him going later this round.
MY PICK : JOHN GILL, DE, NORTHWESTERN
229. Bears - Traded to Dallas : MANUEL JOHNSON, WIDE RECEIVER, OKLAHOMA = FINALLY Dallas tries to upgrade their mediocre receiving group. Johnson runs good routes, and has above average hands. He has shown the toughness to go after the ball in crowds, but has an elbow injury worth watching.
MY PICK : JAMAAL WESTERMAN, DE, RUTGERS
230. Eagles - MOISE FOKOU, OLB, MARYLAND = An excellent special teams player who works hard at all times. A good athlete with decent speed, but is not big and needs to improve in several areas. Must make his bones on special teams. I had him going later this round.
MY PICK : LONDEN FRYER, CB, WESTERN MICHIGAN
231. Vikings - JAMARCA SANFORD, SS, MISSISSIPPI = A good tackler, but he will need to stick on special teams.
MY PICK : DORELL SCOTT, DT, CLEMSON
232. Jaguars - Traded to New England : JULIAN EDELMAN, QB, KENT ST. = Expect him to be tried at multiple positions. Could we see him run the "Wildcat" once in awhile?
MY PICK : PAUL FANAIKA, G, ARIZONA ST.
233. Buccaneers - SAMMIE STROUGHTER, WR, OREGON = An excellent return specialist. There is a chance he helps out in the passing game, because the Bucs current group isn't that great.
MY PICK : DeANDRE LEVY, OLB, WISCONSIN
234. Patriots - DARRYL RICHARD, DE, GEORGIA TECH = Smart player, and a self made man. Not a great athlete, and a long shot to make the team.
MY PICK : ERIC KETTANI, FB, NAVY
235. Broncos - Traded to Detroit : ZACH FOLLETT, OLB, CAL =A hard worker who has the ability to make the team.
MY PICK : WORRELL WILLIAMS, ILB, CAL
236. Colts - JAIME THOMAS, G, MARYLAND = Thomas is experienced and smart. He should add needed depth. A possible starter one day.
MY PICK : WOPAMO OSAISAI, CB, STANFORD
237. Dolphins - Traded to Kansas City : JAKE O'CONNELL, TE, MIAMI, OH = He might get a look at FB. He may stick, considering the Chiefs need help at TE.
MY PICK : MARLON FAVORITE, DT, LSU
238. Giants - STONEY WOODSON, CB, SOUTH CAROLINA = Big and athletic, he will have to stick on special teams.
MY PICK : XAVIER FULTON, OT, ILLINOIS
239. Titans - RYAN DURAND, G, SYRACUSE = Best at run blocking, and is smart. Not a great athlete, and needs to get stronger.
MY PICK : MAURICE MILLER, G, OLE MISS
240. Cardinals - LaROD STEPHENS - HOWLING, RB, PITTSBURGH = A tiny back with good speed. He needs to prove his worth catching the ball and returning kicks.
MY PICK : ANDREW GARDNER, OT, GEORGIA TECH
241. Steelers - DAVID JOHNSON, FB, ARKANSAS ST. = Played TE in college, but will have to be a FB or H-Back in the NFL. A very good athlete with good speed and hands. A decent blocker, but needs work on his technique. A project worth looking into. I had him going next pick.
MY PICK : BRANDON LONG, OLB, MICHIGAN STATE
242. Titans - NICK SCHOMMER, S, NORTH DAKOTA ST. = He needs to stick on special teams.
MY PICK : DAVID JOHNSON, FB, ARKANSAS ST.
243. Redskins - MARKO MITCHELL, WR, NEVADA = Tall, and a good leaper. He has an intriguing set of skills. Might be a guy worth developing.
MY PICK : STRYKER SULAK, DE, MISSOURI
244. 49ers - RICKY JEAN - FRANCOIS, DT, LSU = Has a lot of unfulfilled potential. If he realizes it, he could help.
MY PICK : DEVIN MOORE, RB, WYOMING
245. Seahawks - COURTNEY GREENE, SS, RUTGERS = This could be a steal. He has the skills, but had a bad senior year.
MY PICK : LYDON MURTHA, OT, NEBRASKA
246. Bears - LANCE LOUIS, TE, SAN JOSE ST. = Played guard in college, but is going to get a look at TE. One to watch in camp.
MY PICK : MYRON PRYOR, DT, KENTUCKY
247. Seahawks - NICK REED, DE, OREGON = A tiny DE who has some athleticism. A long shot.
MY PICK : JARIUS WYNN, DT, GEORGIA
248. Seahawks : CAMERON MORRAH, TE, CAL = A pass catching type. He is very athletic, and has a very good shot at helping Seattle.
MY PICK : BRUCE JOHNSON, CB, MIAMI, FLA
249. Bengals - CLINTON McDONALD, DT, MEMPHIS = A real sleeper. He specializes in rushing the passer, and is athletic enough to play FB.
MOISE FOKOU, OLB, MARYLAND
250. Jaguars - RASHARD JENNINGS, RB, LIBERTY = He will really help take the load off Jones - Drew. A nice pick.
ROB MYERS, TE, UTAH STATE
251. Bears - DEREK KINDER, WR, PITTSBURGH = A possession type, but a long shot.
ASHLEE PALMER, SS, OLE MISS
252. Bengals - FREDDIE BROWN, WR, UTAH = Brown is big, pretty physical, and has decent speed. He has a shot.
MY PICK : DAN GRONKOWSKI, TE, MARYLAND
253. Jaguars - TIQUAN UNDERWOOD, WR, RUTGERS = Has good speed and hands, but is very thin. He needs to get stronger.
JAVARRIS WILLIAMS, RB, TENNESSEE ST.
254. Cardinals - TREVOR CANFIELD, G, CINCINNATI = He somehow fell far, after a lot of hype. He is versatile, and a good run blocker. He might stick.
MY PICK : THOMAS MORSTEAD, P, SMU
255. Lions - DAN GRONKOWSKI, TE, MARYLAND = Big TE who is an excellent blocker. Smart player who could be a good backup at this spot. I had him going three picks earlier.
MY PICK : PIERRE WALTERS, DE, EASTERN ILLINOIS
256. Chiefs - RYAN SUCCOP, K, SOUTH CAROLINA = Right school, wrong guy. A reach here. There was at least four kickers rated higher, including Graham Gano, of Florida State, who won the Groza Award.
MY PICK : CAPTAIN MUNNERLYN, CB, SOUTH CAROLINA
An Asshole In A Silk Suit Is Still...
3 hours ago