Tuesday, February 3, 2009

My NFL Predictions Versus Reality

On 8/ 10/ 08 I did a prediction for the 2008 NFL season. Predictably, I did a horrible job. Next year I'll do as poorly, God willing.


NFC EAST:



1. Dallas Cowboys
2. N.Y. Giants

3. Philadelphia Eagles
4. Washington Redskins
At least I got it right on my Redskins.





NFC NORTH :



1. Minnesota Vikings
2. Green Bay Packers

3. Chicago Bears
4. Detroit Lions
I didn't suck too bad here.




NFC SOUTH :



1. New Orleans Saints
2. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
3. Carolina Panthers
4. Atlanta Falcons
I was (happily) way off on the Falcons..like most.



NFC WEST :



1. Seattle Seahawks
2. Arizona Cardinals
3. St. Louis Rams
4. San Francisco 49ers
Seattle sent Holmgren out with a poor showing.





AFC WEST :



1. San Diego Chargers
2. Oakland Raiders
3. Denver Broncos
4. K.C. Chiefs
Other than Oakland, I did OK.



AFC SOUTH :



1. Indianapolis Colts
2. Jacksonville Jaguars

3. Houston Texans
4. Tennessee Titans
I think I did pretty mediocre here.





AFC NORTH



1. Cleveland Browns
2. Pittsburgh Steelers

3. Cincinnati Bengals
4. Baltimore Ravens
Obviously a bad job guessing here.





AFC EAST :



1. New England Patriots
2. N.Y. Jets

3. Buffalo Bills
4. Miami Dolphins
I wasn't even close here.





PLAYOFFS



NFC :



Seattle over Green Bay = Holmgren waves good-bye to his old team one last time.
Neither team even got close.

Minnesota over N.Y. Giants = The running game is too much to handle.
G-men made it, and this is as far as Minni got



Dallas over Seattle = Dallas explodes, as Romo tries to lose his choke label.
Neither team even made the playoffs.

Minnesota over New Orleans = The running game keeps the Saints O on the sideline.
Minni making it one game was my only right prediction.



Minnesota over Dallas = Peterson and Taylor wear out a small defensive front in the 4th quarter, while controlling the clock = perfect playoff formula.
Wayyyyyyyyyy off here.





AFC :


Jacksonville over Cleveland = The Jags run the ball down the Browns throats.
Neither squad even sniffed the playoffs.

Indianapolis over Pittsburgh = Payton takes his passing game to the next round.
Pitt allowed nothing all season.



New England over Indianapolis = Brady outduels Manning once again.
I guess I can say Indy made it to the plaoffs...for a game.

San Diego over Jacksonville = The Bolts have too many weapons for the Jags to contain.



San Diego over New England = The Bolts control the line of scrimmage, and play clock.
I was wayyyyyyyy off here.





SUPER BOWL XLIII :


San Diego over Minnesota = L.T. gets 100 yards, but Gates takes away the double team from Chambers, who is the games MVP.
I guess I can say "At least both of my pix made the playoffs"



SEASON AWARDS:

NFL MVP: ADRIAN PETERSON, RB, MINNESOTA
OK, I wasn't too far off I guess. AP was solid still.

NFL Defensive Player of the Year: SHAWN MERRIMAN, LB, SAN DIEGO
At least I got the pass rushing OLB part right.

NFL Rookie of the Year : FELIX JONES, RB, DALLAS
I was way off on Ryan and Flacco, as far as even playing this year.

2 comments:

Lester's Legends said...

Not bad. This is tough. You're probably right in line with most pickers.

Anonymous said...

I was way off on Ryan and Flacco, as far as even playing this year.

i think alot of people were, not often you get rookies that explode like they did!